Wednesday, June 8, 2011

SOLANGE KNOWLES FOR RIMMEL LONDON

In addition to being one of the faces of Carol’s Daughter, Solange Knowles will also be the face of Rimmel London for the beauty giant’s fall campaign– a responsibility that she doesn’t take lightly.

“I am very careful of ever putting the role model tag on my shoulders. I am human and I am expected to have imperfections and make mistakes,” said Solange. “However, if there are positive things I do that inspire or influence people I feel like my purpose as a person is that much more fulfilled. When I announced my role with Rimmel, I felt really proud to see such a positive response especially being that I represent someone of color, a single mom, an artist…and that I don’t have to compromise my views to do so!”

Solange will represent for women of color showcasing the brand’s makeup looks on beautiful brown skin. With her youthful and eclectic style, Solange is the perfect fit for the brand. “I have always been passionate about make-up because it allows me to express my personality and style. I’m very excited about representing Rimmel because it’s such a young, vibrant, on-trend brand.”

While she seems to be the go-to celebrity for beauty brands looking to embrace the younger black market, her beauty tips are about more than makeup and hair products. Her advice to feel your most beautiful? “Be healthy, be happy, be beautiful, be whole-heartedly you!” she told Rimmel London.

No comments:

Post a Comment