Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Things I Intend to Sell pt 1: would you be interested buyers?

It has been a long time, and there were quite a few set-backs but I have always wanted to make the Western Muslimah's life either easier (with hijab clothing that really IS hijab but it still human-looking to her maybe non-muslim family and friends) and more affordable. So I had a goal of selling (and later designing) Islamic clothing to meet these needs for a long long time. I am going to inshaAllah start these next few months. Right now I am going to tell ya'll about a few first possible products I have in mind and let me know about your enthusiasm for them if any so I can get busy!
I still need to sleuth out the prices for good quality flip niqabs and Emirati Gashwas but these are kind of a mainstay in my closet. They are Salalah-Niqabs, a style unique to the Sultanate of Oman where I reside. They consist of a tie-back head-band which fits all sizes, and a short chin or mid-neck length face veil. This veil may have other layers of fabric underneath giving it a layered looked, but its length and headband identify it as being from Salalah, where the Queen of Sheba hailed from in King Sulaiman's day. Being that the veil is shorter it has the advantage of being safer around children who like to tug on ones niqab (less material for them to get their hands on) and makes eating in public a breeze for me without removing it, unlike my Saudi-flip niqabs. The disadvantage is, if it isn't a layered, longer style (which you can custom order with me) then you have to make sure your khimar/hijab scarf covers your chest or your overhead abaya is a closed-at-the-chin style. I personally love them. They come with no string, a nose-string, or three strings. The three string style cost about $12-15.00 USD, while the other two are available for $3-5.00 USD depending on the quality. Even the lowest quality I could find was still the best compared to what I found ordering from online shops back in the West.Jersey balloon sleeve close-front abayat. I love them a. because they are closed front so I don't have to worry about what I am wearing underneath, b. they are very modest in fit and tend to look good on all body-types, whether thin or super curvy, short or tall, c. here in Oman the front is made of high quality and durable crepe and the jersey sleeves are so lightweight they are not hot AT ALL, and d. in the West I would have loved these because you can choose from any fashion-ey print or clour trend for the sleeves and not stand-out too much from non-muslim family and friends. $45-70.00 USD depending on what deals I can get on the fabrics. $45 would probably be cheap black fabric instead of crepe but if you live somewhere cold that wouldn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment